The principles of science teaching and learning in our school
After consultation with both children and adults in our school we have combined our ideas to create science principles which underpin our teaching and learning here at Scotforth St Pauls.
We know good science teaching and learning happens when.....
- everyone is engaged, excited and involved.
- we use scientific vocabulary.
- we talk, share ideas and ask questions.
- we use the outdoors and real life in our learning.
- we record our learning in different ways.
- we can be hands-on and work practically.
All of our science lessons across school will use at least one of these principles to provide our children with the foundations for understanding the world around them.